Sunday, October 29, 2017

Happy 7th Birthday Oliver!

Today is Oliver's seventh birthday.  This kid is so amazing.  He loves unconditionally.  He has a temper, is shy, is sweet, is forgiving, and just when thought I knew everything about him, he somehow manages to impress me.





It's been an interesting day.  I was able to reflect on the last seven years.  I sifted through old photos looking back with amazement at the memories I have made with this kid.  Seven is a big year (to me).  You might be thinking- why is seven any bigger than any other year?  Well, one of my fondest memories of my childhood happened when I turned seven.  Seven was the last really good memory of just me and my dad doing something fun together.  When I was seven, my father took me to Disney land and Universal Studios.  My dad did other things with me throughout the years, but seven sticks out most.

So as I have reflected I have looked at all of our adventures:




Albuquerque, New Mexico

Ollie and his boots.  This kid would not go anywhere without his boots

In the last few years we have done so much more....
In September, we went to Mexico.  Ollie loved going on the Cruise.  He was the only kid that actually still wanted to hang out with me.

 Last summer, I took the kids on a trip to Arizona and California.  Ollie wasn't feeling so good, so I carried him all the way across the Golden Gate Bridge.
 Two Summers ago, I took the kids to South Carolina (Charleston).  We stopped at every peach stand, cherry farm, or plantation we could find.







This was in Arizona (summer 2016) with all of his cousins.  We have one more cousin this year.




I love Oliver.  He has helped me stay young (all my gray hair is not from him).  He helps me be silly and always helps me remember to put away work and just spend some time with him.  Happy Birthday Kiddo.

Until Next Time.......

0 comments: